Calling all potential total joint patients.
HSC is now doing Total joint procedures in the outpatient setting. SurgCenter Developer Facilities provided joint replacement to over 5,600 patients in 2015.There were over 70 facilities in 18 states, including us whom have seen great success.
- Combined infection rate of .1%
- Re-admission rate of .6%
- Over 96% of patients were discharged the same day
- The average recovery period was 4 hours
- 94% of the total hip patients went home the same day
- 97% of the total knee patients went home the same day
Here at HSC our patient satisfaction for these cases has been phenomenal. Our patients have enjoyed private recovery areas, and one on one patient care.
Our total joint procedures are the first case of the day and because these patients often stay for a minimum of four hours, their surgeon will often stop in and see them between surgical patients over that time period. Our patients feel more like a VIP with such attention.
Our goal for 2016 is to grow this specialty and educate our community on the safety and quality of care out- patient total joint procedures can be for patients.